Thursday 17 March 2011

Hello World

Evening (this post is designed to be read in the evening),

My name's Dave, and this is my world domination plan:
  1. Move to Japan under the guise of an Assistant Language Teacher
  2. Spend my evenings fighting crime ("crime" in this case denotes a lack of pies for sale)
  3. Befriend a member of the catering staff at Capcom
  4. Sleep my way to the top
  5. Use photos of my exploits to blackmail-wangle a job as a translator/English language community manager
  6. Demand that Capcom open a Vancouver office and move my job there
  7. ???
  8. Profit!
So yes, this blog will be targeted at; people considering being a beardy white man in Japan, people studying TEFL or TESOL and want to read the experiences of an idiot living their dream, people who know me and wish I hadn't left, people who have an unhealthy obsession with Japanese culture. Although at no point will I pose with a pair of cat ears on my head, you filthy scallywags.

I will be posting words, photos, videos and perhaps the occasional bit of audio. To begin with, let's get all web 2.0-y and use Google's fancy maps, shall we? I shall be going here:

While I already have a Tumblr page and a Twitter account, I will try to keep this page on-topic in terms of Japan and my experiences, but it may occasionally become a repository for my nonsense, a place to crowd-source information, a shoulder to cry on, or just a place where I post pictures of cats being hilarious.


Feel free to post questions in the comments or @ me on Twitter if you have any suggestions for the site or want me to investigate anything in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment